Alumni, volunteers, patients, friends, faculty, staff and students – who give and encourage others to do the same – are key to the future of UMMC and creating a healthier Mississippi. Sharing our causes and encouraging your network to get involved can create a huge difference! Our Catalyst Toolkit provides everything you need to get started.
- Create your personalized fundraising page by choosing the project you’re passionate about and clicking on “Start Fundraising.”
- Make the page your own! You can add your own pictures, videos, or text to the page to tell your network why you’ve chosen this particular cause. Be creative and let your network see exactly what motivated you to be a fundraising partner.
- Share, share, share! Email, tweet, and post your fundraiser on Facebook to get your family, friends, colleagues and others involved.
- Encourage them to donate or create their own page so they can begin fundraising too.
- Include your “why”. You’re making an appeal to your network, which has a personal interest in you! Share how UMMC has made an impact on you or someone in your life and “why” you’ve chosen to support us.
- Always use pictures. You can use our default photo or add your own photos that relate to the project for which you’re fundraising.
- Make sure to tie your posts back to your personal JustGiving page (that you will create through the UMMC Catalyst site) so people can easily donate.
- Add in a challenge. For example, “I will give $____ if 10 donors make a gift today!” OR “I will do 50 pushups on Facebook every day for a week if we reach the goal We’ve included some sample social media/email templates below to help you get started. Simply copy and paste or make as many adjustments as you like.
“I’m raising money for [insert cause, project, or event]. I’ve raised [amount] so far, but I still need [amount] to completely reach my goal! Would you consider making a donation (gifts of all sizes help!) to assist me in my fundraising efforts? Please feel free to share this post (or create your own fundraising page!) and encourage your own friends to give to my [cause, project, or event]. Thank you in advance for your generosity! [insert relevant #hashtag, URL, and photo]”
“Help me raise money for [cause/project]! I only need [amount] to reach my goal. Join me in making a difference! [insert relevant #hashtag, shortened URL, and photo]
Have you heard about my fundraiser to support UMMC’s [Project Name]?
Over the next [time period], I’m aiming to raise [donation amount]. But, I can’t do it without your help!
UMMC’s [Project Name] is a cause close to my heart because of [personal story]. They make a huge impact in the lives of [specific community].
Will you consider contributing to my campaign? A gift of [suggested amount] can go really far towards [achieving a particular goal].
If you aren’t able to give at that level, any donation will help.
To support my campaign for UMMC, visit my fundraising page at [link to JustGiving page].
Thank you in advance for supporting my efforts! I couldn’t do this without generous [friends or family] like you.
As you may already know I’m running in the [event name] this year and am really excited about competing - it’s a [length] course so wish me luck! A big part of the event is raising much needed funds for charities. This year I am supporting [insert UMMC project here] - a wonderful organization that is working hard towards their vision of [XYZ]. I would really appreciate it if you would sponsor me at my online fundraising page. I’m aiming to raise [target goal] so don’t be shy, every little bit counts! It’s really easy to donate and you get a receipt emailed straight to you. Just click on the URL below to go to my fundraising page: [insert your JustGiving link here]. Thanks for your help!